For everyday or more active use, both the ClassicFlow and EasyFlow HMEs provide important features for laryngectomy patients:
- MucusShield helps protect the foam filter, increasing the efficiency of the filter
- EasyTouch speech button makes speaking easier. With the touch of a button, the patient can move from speaking to breathing positions
- 24/7 heat and moisture exchange, simply use for a day and put on a new one for a full day’s worth of benefits
EasyFlow HME – Breathe easier at work or play
With EasyFlow, you can breathe a little easier. Its foam filter is more porous than the ClassicFlow. This allows you to breathe more freely to match your activity level and pulmonary needs. The beige tint and non-reflective surface texture makes the EasyFlow less noticeable.
ClassicFlow HME – Breathe healthy day or night
ClassicFlow helps assure you breathe warmed, filtered and humidified air – all day, every day – to reduce respiratory symptoms after a total laryngectomy. ClassicFlow is designed for increased moisture retention and resistance.
1. Ackerstaff AH, Hilgers FJ, et al. Improvements in respiratory and psychosocial functioning following total laryngectomy by the use of a heat and moisture exchanger. Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology. 1993;102(11):878-883.
2. Ackerstaff AH, Hilgers FJ, et al. Heat and moisture exchangers as a treatment option in the post-operative rehabilitation of laryngectomized patients. Clinical Otolaryngology. 1995;20:504-509.
3. Research and Product Development Study, HME Test. RD-237.